February 13, 2015

Knitted Wool Socks

 Knitted wool socks based on this pattern from Canadian Living.
I modified the pattern a little as I used single-ply Briggs and Little yarn
(2.5mm needles, cast on 60 stitches for size medium).

February 11, 2015

Small Shelf II

Another small display shelf made from salvaged wood lath.

February 9, 2015

Small Shelf

I made a small shelf from wood lath I found on the side of the road.
I cut it into small pieces, stained it with walnut gel stain and nailed it together.

January 22, 2015

Rocks in Watercolour

Experimenting with watercolour, painting rocks over and over from different angles.

January 16, 2015

Pine Needle Baskets

I've been making pine needle baskets this winter.
I collected a whole bunch of red pine needles, soaked them in boiling water, removed the sheaths
and made them into baskets by coiling and fastening them with twine.

January 3, 2015

Handmade Bitters and Elixirs

This year a friend and I made a collection of bitters and cocktail elixirs as holiday presents. 
For the bitters we used roasted dandelion, chicory and astragalus roots.  
For the aromatics we used cinnamon, cloves, ginger, anise, cardamom, pine, fir, 
rose petals, vanilla, and elderflower, among others. 
We prepared the individual tinctures several weeks in advance, 
allowing them to develop into bright, bold flavours, before straining out the solids. 
We then developed a series of unique flavours by mixing and matching the various bitters and aromatics.
We packaged them in 30ml bottles and printed labels featuring drawings of the main spice in each flavour.

December 12, 2014

Untitled Series II

Some more mixed media paintings in the series.
A dinner party, my mom and her sister drinking from a hose, 
my Oma on the beach, my Oma and Opa on a road trip to Niagara Falls.

December 11, 2014

Untitled Series I

Mixed media - acrylics on cardboard and photographs on transfer paper.
A series of mixed media paintings incorporating photos from the 1950s,
including New Year's eve of 1955 and my Oma & Opa on their wedding day.

December 10, 2014


I found some pieces of balsa wood and decided to paint them with acrylics 
and make them into decorative arrows.

December 8, 2014

Leather Fringe Necklace

A simple leather fringe necklace. 
I cut a series of thin strips of leather, knotted them to jump rings 
and strung them individually onto a chain.

November 24, 2014

Clay and Gold

A collection of small white clay dishes pressed with lace
and accented with bits of gold leaf.

November 17, 2014

Weekend Projects

I've been experimenting with clay - creating organic shapes.
I found some amazing gold studs at the leather supply store
and decided to make a studded leather phone case.

November 15, 2014

Clay and Lace

Some small dishes and ornaments made of clay pressed with lace.
I'm thinking of painting and glazing them, but I kind of like the look of the unfinished clay.

September 7, 2014

Macramé Wall Hanging

I made this macramé wall hanging using a piece of driftwood and bits of yarn from
leftover projects and unraveled from salvaged old sweaters.

June 21, 2014

Wedding Bouquets and Boutonniere

I made these wedding bouquets for my friends Zoë and Aaron's wedding.

April 15, 2014


I found a beautiful piece of driftwood on the beach, cut it into pieces and painted them with acrylics.

March 19, 2014

Small Clutch

I made this hand sewn felt-lined clutch with leather details.

February 8, 2014

Wooden Spoon II


 Here is my latest hand-bound notebook made out of various types of paper including lined paper,
graph paper, washi, kami, onion skin and all sorts of coloured paper.
You can see more of my bookbinding projects here.

January 24, 2014

Wooden Spoon

 I carved this wooden spoon out of a piece of firewood from my father's 
wood pile. I plan on carving a bunch more in different shapes and sizes.

December 4, 2013

Screen Printed Pillow Cover: Shells

A new shells pattern.
These pillow covers are now all available in my online shop!

November 16, 2013

Plaster Casting: Vertebrae

I've recently been creating molds using sodium alginate 
(the same stuff they use at the dentist to make a mold of your teeth)
and making plaster casts of various objects.
Here are a bunch of casts of small animal vertebrae, freshly out of their molds.
I'm still trying to figure out an interesting way to mount them for display.

Screen Printed Pillow Cover: Leaves

A new leaf pattern

November 14, 2013

Screen Printed Pillow Cover: Crystals

Another screen printed pillow cover - this time inspired by crystals!

November 12, 2013

Screen Printed Pillow Covers: Nests and Cells

Some more screen printed pillow covers.
Both screens were made using the drawing fluid/screen filler method.
Inspired by birds' nests and cells, I wanted the designs to feel organic, 
kind of like something you might find in nature.